Thursday, January 24, 2013

Two weeks and counting...

Today it has been two weeks since our agency forwarded our Article V letter to the Guangzhou office.  We are still anxiously waiting for the Consulate to issues our Article 5 b.  Holt International, our agency, says this normally takes two to three weeks and it has been TWO weeks to the day!!  I am staying by the phone and checking the answering machine as soon as I arrive back home just in case they called.  Every time the phone rings, I am hoping and praying for the caller ID to say HOLT INTL!!!  :)

We have been busy in the last two weeks, Riley's room is actually a girl's room now!!!  We have painted over the blues and now it is ALL Pink!!  Her name is up on the wall and clothes are hanging in the closet! We are just waiting on the her furniture!  It has been delayed ONCE again but I know it is coming!!




Over the weekend my family throw me a shower for little Riley.  It was very neat, very special and very different from all the other ones I have had.  I could breathe easily, sat comfortably, and looked quite small for being in my 11th month of paper pregnancy!!  However, the wait from these last 11 months has put some weight on me!!  Ha, HA!!!  At least I have some excuse!!  Riley received tons of diapers, wipes, clothes, shoes, all kinds of bathing supplies and lotions and even some good books!!  I can't wait to love her, hug and kiss on her, read to her, bathe her, cuddle her and rock her to sleep!!!

 




We are starting to think about what we need to pack/take to China.  I have washed several things and purchased her baby bag!  It was even personalized for her.  We are taking over just a couple outfits as I am still not sure what size she is.  We have found some toys we will be taking over too.  Rheagan, Ryan, and Reece just can't wait!!  Neither can WE!!!  We told the boys...After Christmas, Riley will be coming... Well,  I have been reminded often that it IS after Christmas and our baby is still NOT here!!  Now I am saying..  I am waiting on the phone CALL so we know what day we can leave and go get her!!





A couple we meet, Mark and Tammy, through a mutual friend left yesterday for China to pick up their son!  We are following their blog often and can't wait for our turn to go get Riley!! We are all praying that God will prepare our hearts and HER heart as we bring her home to a unknown place and unknown people she has only seen in pictures of a book we made her!!


2 comments:

  1. I gained weight with both of my adoptions too..what's up with that??? She will be here before you know it! Don't forget to find an Ergo baby. They are expensive borrow if you can!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jen- TOO FUNNY!! I told my parents about the Ergo Carrier and they bought in for us!! So sweet!! I was so excited.. I wanted to try it out... Reece and Ryan can still fit (under 40 pouns) but they wanted nothing to do with it- they laughed and ran away from me. I guess I will have to practice with one of Rheagan's baby dolls!!

    ReplyDelete